We intend to create a space where students can focus entirely upon their practice, without distraction. With this in mind, we ask all practitioners to maintain a quality of mindfulness while in the space. When the beauty, cleanliness and solitude of the space is honored, Mysore practice is a truly sacred experience.
Here’s a list of what we consider to be Mysore etiquette.
- Please do not eat for at least 2 hours prior to practice and do not drink water during class.
- In addition to bringing a yoga rug/and or towel for your own use, please bring a towel that the teacher can use for your adjustments.
- Please turn off your cell phones.
- Please honor the silence of the room.
- Please be mindful of your own cleanliness so as not to disturb others around you:
- Please shower before coming to class
- Please wear clean clothing.
- Please ensure that your mat and towels are clean and odor-free
- Please refrain from wearing any perfumes or scented body products or clothing detergents.
- If you sweat a lot , please be sure to bring extra towels to mop up your sweat before you leave.